Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Springtime on the Lake

I know I told you I hate rummage sales, and i do, but I thought you might want to see one of the pillows that I got for $.25! It was perfect for my old rocking chair that belonged to my grandmother. Don't you just love old things that belonged to your grandparents? I can remember my Grandma sitting on her front porch in this rocker shelling peas and making macaroni necklaces for my sister and me to keep us entertained on a hot summer day.

I got outside this morning and did some weeding in my "herb garden." I'm allergic to everything out there but it was just a joy to be outside. It's so annoying when your nose drips and you sneeze every other breath but at least my sniffing and sneezing kept the squirrels and birds entertained. I planted basil, thyme, oregano, cilantro, lemon balm and a couple of other things I can't remember several weeks ago. They're still alive despite the unusually cool nights we've had this spring so I had to rescue them from the nut grass trying to take over their space.

Those pesky squirrels might have avoided me this morning but a couple of weeks ago they pulled a screen thingy off (I guess it's got a better name than thingy but I have no idea what it is) and got into the attic again. My husband left for a short trip that next day but before he left he put rat poison up there. The next morning they had thrown the poison down on the deck, along with a piece of insulation! I haven't heard them up there since so I guess they must have sampled the poison before they tossed it away.

More later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What naughty squirrels! We presently have a raccoon that regularly attempts to break through the roof, we hear him start scratching at the roof at around 2am....good luck with those rascals! :)