This past weekend my neighbor, Connie, was working in her garden. Sigh. I can't have a garden this year because we'll be gone all summer on a mission trip so I'm envious. Anyway, as Connie was putting her tools away she caught a glimpse of something strange out of the corner of her eye. On a concrete slab in her yard there were two snakes, wrapped around each other and rolling over and over. Naturally she ran screaming for her husband who declared them to be King Snakes and harmless; in fact, they are more than harmless...they are actually good to have in your yard because they eat poisonous snakes as well as mice. The two snakes were apparently making babies. I am glad I did not see this. Very glad. Extremely glad. But it did made me think about other things I'd rather not see. And in no particular order this is what I decided I'd just as soon not see:
1. Mothers in grocery stores grabbing their kids arms and screaming at them. Kids misbehave. But public humiliation isn't the answer. Take them to the car and tan their behinds if you need to but not in the grocery store.
2. Women in WalMart with little to no clothing on (especially the ones my age who decline to wear undergarments). Not pretty.
3. Anyone talking on a cell phone and adjusting the radio in their car while driving 65 down the highway. Take yourself out if you must but leave the rest of us alone.
4. Three pit bulls running towards me and barking when I'm trying to walk for my cardiac health. They're gonna' cause me to have a heart attack!
5. Anyone smelling of suntan lotion sporting a great tan in May - they've obviously been in the tanning bed prior to running errands when I see them. My husband had Melanoma cancer - skin cancer from being in the sun too much. I want to shake them and say, "Do you know what that's doing to you?"
6. Water running out from under the freezer. Uh Oh.
7. My neighbor two blocks down walking around outside in her nylon nightgown...and nothing else. Yep, she does.
8. Cat prints on my car hood. I don't have a cat.
9. Telemarketers names on my caller ID.
10. Blood on any of my children or grandchildren. Even one drop.
11. A notice that any episode of NCIS is cancelled for a Presidential State of the Union Address. I know what the state of the union is and I don't need him to tell me. I didn't get a cost of living raise on my Social Security because, according to him, my cost of living didn't rise. Except my insurance went up...a lot. Go figure.
12. A "Huge Sale" sign on the window of the local quilt shop....but it ended yesterday. I'm hoping God decides to let me take my quilt stuff with me when He calls me home...any chance you think?
This was actually kind of fun...I might have to have a Part 2 to this post. :) I bet you could think of lots of things you'd just as soon not see too! If you do and you decide to post your own list be sure and let me know...that I do want to see.