Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Just A Little Winter Stitching!

I've gotten just a bit of sewing done lately - nothing much to brag about.  Well, maybe one thing I'll brag about....I've gotten one of my projects for the See You In September Blog Hop done!  And this is July!  And it's a gingham one!  I can't show you now, though.  That's against the rules.  But in September....

I finished a couple of candle/mug mats/rugs.  They're really candle mats but I use them for mug rugs.  The first is for Valentine's Day.



And this one is probably intended for April....showers, you know.  But we've gotten a lot of rain this summer so I can use it any time!


And then there's this Christmas quilt - I know several people who love cats so this one will be well loved I'm sure!


This was a panel I must have bought 15 years ago or so...maybe 10 but I bet closer to 15!  I added borders and did a little quilting.



I did more quilting than you will notice - or at least more than I notice.  I wanted it to be simple to go along with the primitive style of the panel so the quilting is mostly hidden in the trees and cats and presents.

Is anybody else getting any winter stitching done?

24 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

There you go ... putting the rest of us to shame... or maybe offering a bit of inspiration.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You still have accomplished more than I have in a week. I have been fighting with a paper pieced block. One block!

Gail said...

I envy your skill and patience.

I possess neither.

tink's mom said...

What a terrific panel. you did a great job with it. the mug rugs/candle mats are great and I love that they are multi purpose, me I'd use them for mug rugs so I could start and end my day with them.

Jeanie said...

Love the Christmas Kitty quilt! I love how panels can come alive with some talented sewing skills. Great job!

Barb said...

Wonderful candle mats!!

Rosa said...

Fabulous .Love your layout and how you play with fabrics.Have a fin weekend!

Kyle said...

Great start. Your wool mat are very cute and starting with a fun panel is always a great idea. You were just keeping it for the right moment ( or year!). I'm just starting on a holiday quilt. I'm a slow stitcher so I knew I needed to start now.

Sharon Dawn said...

Nothing done, but I have thought about what has to be done before November. Does that count :) Love your little rugs, especially the rainy days!

Sharon Dawn said...

Nothing done, but I have thought about what has to be done before November. Does that count :) Love your little rugs, especially the rainy days!

Karen said...

I see you have a Jan Karon novel sitting out. I enjoyed reading those books. And there is a new one coming out in the fall.

Vickie said...

I love the quilting on your Christmas quilt....great job on that Marlene ! No holiday stitching going on here...I'm trying to finish a quilt for my grandson's room.....he will arrive to this world within the next 2 weeks. Signed EXCITED Grandma !!!

Sparky said...

how lovely ...looks like your stitches have been soo busy...the christmas one..well I had to look away , I am just not ready to think that just now lol

Nancy said...

Marlene, These are all Beautiful! and you have your Gingham completed too, Wow! I have my projects all cut and hope to start some hand stitching tomorrow evening.

Thanks so much for sharing these with us!!
Huggs, Nancy

Belinda said...

Winter stitching?...uh...noooo. I can't seem to get much stitching done period. Winter or otherwise. Gotta get to the Christmas projects or I'll be fretting under the pressure!! Love your projects!

Michele said...

Nice projects and no, no winter stitching here lately.

Anna said...

Ya know...I need to start making some mug rugs...I Ned the satisfaction of completion! Way to go!

Gmama Jane said...

I always like to see your wool projects. I love the panel. I have several panels that need to be done up for a gift quilt.
Anxious to hear about your trip. Have you gone yet?
Gmama Jane

Carol Swift said...

Wool projects and a gingham project done...way to go!

KaHolly said...

Looks to me as if you've accomplished quite a lot!! Love them all!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

You know I love all the wool projects, but that panel is way too cute. Indeed, Christmas will be here before we know it.
xx

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Oh gosh, hardly yet! I may make some placemats, and then there are those wonderful teachers...

Val said...

Beautiful. All of it.

BarbCarol said...

No (sigh). Closed on the farm so still trying to shove the contents of 2600 sq ft into 1800 sq ft. Lots of donations to Salvation Army. BUT, the studio is almost finished.