Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Finished But Not Finished

I haven't had much time for needlework this week but I was able to get a couple of things stitched...but not finished.  I think both of these will be small pillows/pinkeeps but until I get home from this mission trip I won't know for sure.  I should probably plan ahead for that - the finishing - but I just get excited about the stitching and don't think about the end product.  :)  First I finished one of the Sheep Virtues....


Aren't those petunias beautiful!  I bought those the first week we were here, in early April, and I'll be taking them home with me when I go because they'll last longer in Arkansas than they will in south Louisiana.


The pattern shows the year in the space under the basket but I left that off.  I have a button I'll use there when I finish this piece.


I started this piece before Easter but put it aside for a little while....


Linen might not have been the best choice for this pattern but I love the way it looks.  I find my eyes have a hard time with linen sometimes but I have a new magnifier lamp thanks to a friend who found it online for me, and that makes all the difference in the world!

The temperature has gone up and so has the humidity here in south Louisiana - it will likely hit 90 sometime this week.  We'll only be here two more weeks and then I'll be home.  Our daughter and her family are house sitting for us and I'm looking forward to having them there a few weeks before they move into their new house.  Our other daughter will be moving about the same time so we've got lots of cleaning, painting, remodeling, etc. in our future.  And we have a fun trip planned with our son and one of the girls to see my sister and then on to a St. Louis Cardinals game.  After that we'll be in the mid-summer time on the lake with friends and family - can't wait to get back to this view out my bedroom window!


42 comments:

Elisa2011 said...

Molto belli i tuoi ricami!

Тavifa-stitch - Оксана said...

Красивый трогательный дизайн с овечками! Яркий и позитивный зайка, а природа завораживающая, очень красивые места у вас!!! :-)

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely stitched finishes! What fabric did you use for the sheep virtue? Your pansies are gorgeous and what a view of the lake.

Robin in Virginia

Kyle said...

Your stitching is always lovely. You e been away from home for a long time. It will be nice to be back.

Anonymous said...

Cute finishes.

Even on the internet....looking out over your lake is so peaceful.

Sparky said...

ahhhhh adorable...and the carrot is beautiful...love the oranges....your property is looking better after the storm.....nice and green ...

Createology said...

Your stitchings are sublime. That bunny popping out of the carrot is uber cute. Creative Stitchery Bliss...

maria demina said...

Awww Marlene! Rabbit is so funny! Seems like he was really hungry and decided to hide himself away in a food :) And these sheeps are so adorable! :)

Barb said...

I would also be in a hurry to get home to that view! You have finished some very pretty stitching.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely stitcheries - home looks very inviting, I would love that view every day.

Adrienne said...

Your stitcheries are beautiful! It will be such a treat for you to get home and spend time with your dear ones. The view from your home is wonderful - I would have a hard time leaving it!
~Adrienne~

Unknown said...

Lamb turned stylish and very beautiful. And the rabbit is a miracle!

Loniel said...

Your stitching are so lovely and gentle! It's so interesting what it'll finally look like! Have a nice trip!
Hugs,
Olga

Preeti said...

Beautiful finishes!! You have busy days ahead. Enjoy your time!!

Анна Гончарова said...

Прекрасные вышивки. Зайка очень веселый! Все очень понравилось!

Brigitte said...

Such beautiful finishes. That little bunny in the carrot is just a sweet little guy.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Your stitching is lovely!
Are you too busy to have time also on the stitching!
Time spent with children and friends is most precious :-)

Vickie said...

They are both sweet. Gorgeous petunias. :) Stay cool!

Tracy P. said...

This is all so lovely! Thanks for making me smile!

annalizard said...

Beautiful pics and cute job!
Annalisa from Italy

Caffeine Girl said...

Nothing is cuter than a stitched sheep!
You certainly have a lot to look forward to this summer.

Sally said...

Lovely finishes.

The lake looks beautiful. So peaceful.

Farm Quilter said...

Your stitchery is lovely!! However, nothing compares to the view from your bedroom!! I just adore the views you have at home!

Unknown said...

Beautiful finishes - like always !!
I love the bunny. It is so cute :))
The view outside your bedroom window is a dream !!!
Greetings
Marion

Catherine said...

Beautiful stitching Marlene.

Lori said...

these are very pretty. I love the rabbit popping out of the carrot.

Инна said...

Чудесные овечки!

Julie Fukuda said...

The stitchery is lovely ... finished or not and I certainly would hate to go far from such a view. How Peaceful.

Unknown said...

Замечательная вышивка,радостная! Очень нравится!)))

Gabri millecrocette said...

Hello have happy eweek!!I like your cross stith work with lovely sheeps!!Have good time in Louisiana!!So magic view from your bedroom at home!!Love

Anonymous said...

Your sheep/friendship small is lovely and the rabbit and carrot is adorable! Love your work. The view out your window is SO gorgeous. Lucky you!

Carol said...

How cute your latest finish is, Marlene! I'm sure you'll do something wonderful with it when you get home. How nice that cross stitching is such a portable hobby--nice to be able to enjoy it while away on your mission trip!

Manuela said...

Your stitches are wonderful. The little bunny is very cute.
Welcome on my blog.
Greetings Manuela (I'm follow your blog, too.)

Anna said...

I love the friendship virtue!! Your photos are lovely :)

Le crocette di Mariuccia said...

Nice und sweet!! I love your work. mariuccia

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

Wow Marlene.... what a view! That is such a nice little piece of heaven. Your petunias are beautiful, as well as both of your cute projects. Can't wait to see what you finish them as. Sounds like you are going to have a very busy summer. Best wishes to you for a safe journey home Marlene.

gloria. said...

They are both really beautiful

Patty C. said...

Love your little sheep !!

Patty C. said...

Love your little sheep !!

Irene said...

oh meraviglioso il coniglio!! e le pecore, una volta o l'altra le ricamo anch'io

Raffaella said...

Fantastici ricami!!!
Raffaella

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great sheepies! I also prefer evenweave for pictorial stitching and linen for samplers but your carrot looks great on this linen.