I saw something similar to this on another blog and wondered how long it would take me to list a thousand blessings. I'm pretty sure I can think of a thousand but it might take me a couple of weeks to list them all! Anybody want to join me? I'd love it if you all did - just think how many thousands of blessings we could think of together! Here's my beginning list:
1. My faith - the foundation of my life
2. My husband - almost 46 years now
3, 4, 5. My children - they held my heart in their hands before they were born, and they still do
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13. Grandchildren - my future in physical form
14, 15, 16. My sister and my two brothers. And all their families. Except I'm not sure I can count them all so I'm just going to list three! They connect me to my past and share my present.
17. Friends. How do you categorize friends? I have friends in my neighborhood, friends at church, friends from my childhood, quilting friends, friends I'm met through blogging, friends we've met in the various places we've lived or traveled, and now friends at Sager Brown who may very well have to be counted as family. :) Friends quickly become family, don't you think?
18. My parents. I was well loved and I miss them still.
19. Jerry's parents. I became their daughter. They first loved me because I loved him but later they loved me just because they loved me.
20. Jerry's brother and his family. Lots of family listed I know but they are so important to our lives.
21. America. It's not just where we live but it's who we are.
22. Quilting. I didn't discover it until my middle years but oh what a blessing it is in my life.
23. My home. It's a modest dwelling I think even though there are many in the world who would think it a mansion. But it's ours and I love it, warts and all.
24. Gadgets. :) I'm a gadget person. I'm able to have a Kindle and a Blackberry and an IPod and a computer - oh what fun they are!
25. The ability to read. Hours and hours of pleasure come from books.
26. Public libraries. What a wonderful concept that is!
27. Makeup. Yes, makeup. It makes me feel good.
28. Sketchers walking shoes. I just bought my second pair-it's a good thick sole and they don't hurt my feet!