Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's So Nice To Be Home

I love being back at home but I sure am missing my daily time with this little one. I bet he's missing me too and can't talk yet so he can't tell his parents!


Since my computer was out of commission for so long I didn't get to show you my Christmas cactus - on May 17! I think it was a little confused. :)


And this is a sneak peek at part of something I sent to someone today. Who doesn't love ladybugs? And he was super simple to make....I cut the red circle using a saucer and his head with a small jar lid and his dots with a bottle cap. I used iron on fusible and then stitched the major parts with a small blanket stitch.
I've been stitching away since I got home. Mostly I'm putting on bindings and finishing up some things I'll be showing you later. Oh, it's good to be home. :)

14 comments:

Karen said...

Love the Christmas Cactus. Don't they bloom a couple times a year?

Angie said...

Welcome welcome welcome! I should think you have a very special bond with your little grandbaby so it must have been a real wrench going home again. Isn't it nice to be home though?
love, Angie, xx

Needled Mom said...

It's always good to get back home, but I'll bet that you do miss that little one.

Cute ladybug!!!!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I like ladybugs!

Susannah said...

I love the flowers on a Christmas Cactus. They are so delicate and pretty. Yours is gorgeous!

Friends,
Susannah

Karen said...

My exact sentiments!
I spent 2 weeks out with my DD, SIL and DGD while my DGS arrived. Came home 2 days after she got out of the hospital (C-section). I came home on a Wed. and went back the following Tues. as she was sick with an infection. Just got home today. I miss them terribly. They are 5 hours away. But it sure feels good to be home!

Love Bears All Things said...

I know you miss that sweet one. I like the Ladybug. I know you are happy to be back at home.
Mama Bear

Grammy Staffy said...

I know that you miss your little guy. I surely do miss mine too. However,like you, I am glad to be home. I love your lady bug. Can't wait to see the final project.

Welcome home again.... glad to have you back. Love, Lura

Marie Rayner said...

Welcome home! It must have been so nice to get to spend that time with your grandchildren. I can only dream . . .

Teresa said...

Just look at that face - so full of sparkle. I know you must miss him and those fun hugs and kisses. Sounds to me that a road trip might just be in order.

Cute, cute, cute lady bug. She can fly away to South Carolina!

Val said...

It is nice to get away but there is nothing like HOME. WElcome back. Enjoy!

Phyllis said...

I'm glad you're back home but know you miss the little one.

I always miss my daughter so much more after spending time with her so know what you mean.

Tracy P. said...

There's more than one way to be productive, isn't there? The best part of the routine is the breaks in it that make you glad to get back to it. How blessed for you to have such a wonderful sort of a break from it!

Dawn said...

Oh, you must miss that sweet one! What a special bond for you.

Enjoy the rest of your week!