Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Friday, June 12, 2009

A Report From The Hospital

My computer is still in the hospital (my grandson's house this time). Windows 7 is now Windows 8, a huge Vista update has been downloaded, two "Trojans" have been removed, a new virus software is being installed and old ones deleted, the never used webcam driver (doesn't have a webcam) is being removed and memory is being added. So far it hasn't helped the speed. Let's hope the memory gives it a boost because if it doesn't I'll be buying a new computer next week.

Meanwhile, without the computer, I've done some other stuff that has been waiting on me to get home. I'm way late on some Pay It Forward gifts but they are now done and waiting on me to go to the post office. I've read a book every afternoon - and yes, I do mean a book in an afternoon. I'm rereading some of Janette Oke's books and they are simple enough to get through in three or four hours. If you haven't read her stuff it's all Christian fiction and the settings are either the American or Canadian west and the time is mid 1800's to early 1900's. If you're new to her books start with the Love Comes Softly series. Several of those have been made into movies shown on Hallmark Channel. No sex, no violence (except the kind that comes with daily living), no cursing.

Yesterday my husband and I made a trip to Little Rock (about an hour's drive) to the dentist. I got to run a few errands there that I save up for our trips. I picked up a few things at Sam's (we're getting a Sams in the next few months, yea!) for our Fourth of July family get-together, bought a new pair of Birkenstocks since I've worn out my last pair (I've worn them for 5 years!), got a couple of workbooks for two Beth Moore studies I want to do this summer) and stopped at the quilt shop to get the rest of the Heart and Home block-a-month quilt I'm going to make. I've had the first one for about 3 months and haven't started it but I went ahead and bought the rest so I'll have it all when I'm ready to start. Today I'm doing a little housework, very little, and then I'm going to sew this afternoon.

I wish I could take a picture of the lake this morning to show you but I left my camera card in the computer so I don't have it. It's a warm morning here and the lake water is cold so there's a beautiful mist covering the water. The sun is shining above it and you can see the tops of the trees on the other side of the lake. It's like God's hand is hovering over the lake. Simply amazing. And beautiful. It just reminds me that God's hand hovers over us every day in that same way. Can't you just picture it? I can see God's hand poised over my head, and your head, and hear Him saying, "This is my beloved." Just like you and I place a hand on our child or grandchild's head and smile down on them, feeling the love for them pour from us to them. Only how much greater is His love. :)

11 comments:

Mary L. Briggs said...

Good morning, Marlene! Your lake view sounds so lovely~God makes everyday so beautiful! I'm so happy to see the sunshine this morning after several cloudy days.

Hope your computer gets well soon!

Lena . . . said...

You are certainly one ambitious lady. Seems I work and work and work and don't make any progress. I envy all you have and will be accomplishing. Been spending my day outside pulling weeds in all the flowerbeds. Ick.

Michelle said...

Good to hear from you. It is always good to read your posts. Hope your computer is better soon and you will be back up and chatting with us often.
be blessed,
Michelle

Marilyn Robertson said...

I too am a fan of Janette Oke. Thanks for describing the beautiful lake view today. Yep, I can imagine God's hovering hand. What a fantastic image!

Susannah said...

I , too, can imagine HIS hand on my head. Joyful thoughts!

Karen said...

Seems like with all the repairs you could have bought a new computer. Hope the upgrades work. I recently had an upgrade done to my computer and it worked miracles for me.

Lindah said...

I love that last paragraph...the picture in words of God's hand hovering over us. Hallelujah!

Sounds like you are enjoying being home again. No place like home.

BarbCarol said...

Buy a Mac and Keith and I will come give you a tutorial and then you'll always have telephone support.

Jacquie said...

I hope your computer gets well soon.

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Marlene!
I forgot about the Love comes Softly series. Alivia and I are just wrapping up a Nancy Drew book and we're going to continue in that series, but I'm going to switch and do that or the Laura Ingalls ones. Thanks!
Scared me when I saw the hospital update. Glad all is well with you! :)
Hugs,
Lelia

Love Bears All Things said...

I downloaded Windows 8 to my computer because it asked me to in updates. It came with all sorts of problems. At first, I couldn't figure out what was wrong when I couldn't visit my favorite sights without an error message. Then I thought I'd remove the 8 and see if that helped. All my problems went away for now.
Good luck with all the bells and whistles you're adding.
Loved reading "the rest of the story" about the lake and God's hand.
Mama Bear