Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Remember My Last Post? (and some other stuff)

Do you remember in my last post when I said this:

"I wish I could take a picture of the lake this morning to show you but I left my camera card in the computer so I don't have it. It's a warm morning here and the lake water is cold so there's a beautiful mist covering the water. The sun is shining above it and you can see the tops of the trees on the other side of the lake. It's like God's hand is hovering over the lake. Simply amazing. And beautiful. It just reminds me that God's hand hovers over us every day in that same way. Can't you just picture it? I can see God's hand poised over my head, and your head, and hear Him saying, "This is my beloved." Just like you and I place a hand on our child or grandchild's head and smile down on them, feeling the love for them pour from us to them. Only how much greater is His love. :)"

That afternoon a friend was here visiting and we decided to go for a boat ride to show her the lake. It was cloudy so not too hot and we were puttering along very slowly looking at all the houses along the shore when I remembered that it was supposed to storm that day. I told Jerry I thought we ought to go home. "In a minute" he said. I told him again. But there was one more thing he wanted to show our friend. And then we turned back to make the trip home. But there was this cove he thought he ought to explore so he slowed down and puttered that way. "Home!" I said. And he just smiled and said, "Now honey, it's fine. It's not too dark back that way." And it wasn't. Until we went around the bend. HUGE BLACK CLOUDS. And the wind came up. And the waves got choppy. But then I remembered the mist that morning and I remembered thinking God has His hand over this lake and the light bulb went off. God told me before I ever went for that boat ride, before I even knew I would be going on a boat ride, that His hand was on me. On us. On that lake. We got to the dock just as the hail started. Just in time. God's time. Amen.

My computer is home at last! And compared to what it did before it is lightening fast! I'm thrilled. I have things to do. I have things to say. I have recipes to print. I have people to send cards to and all the addresses are on the computer. I have pictures to look at and all the pictures are on the computer. (Yes it's all backed up so don't panic). If I could do a double back flip I would. Want to know what the major problem was? Of course you do. When the nice guy in the geek squad put in the new motherboard, he put the memory card in wrong. So it would only read part of the card. A very small part. Nice guy in the geek squad is not on my good side.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Im SO happy you are back online. We have missed you.

I know how must feel. I am almost inconsolable when I have computer problems, and I pace.

Hello, my name is Michelle, and I need help with obsessions.
be blessed,
Michelle

Tracy P. said...

Look at all your books!! I'm gonna have to start listening to some.

SO glad your computer is healed, and that you made it off the lake in time.

Welcome back!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Welcome BACK!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Welcome BACK!!!

Jacquie said...

I've been on Bull Shoals a couple times when a storm came up... that is SCARY. Glad y'all were safe.

Seems the geek squad guy needs to brush up on his job skills.

Grammy Staffy said...

Welcome back dear Marlene. I am glad that your computer is well. We will look forward to all of your up coming posts.

I love what you have said today. It is true. I know that we are in God's hands. I know as much as we love our dear children and grandchildren... He loves us more. Isn't it wonderful!!!

How nice that you were in tune and felt His spirit with you. Glad that you made it back home before the storm hit. Hopefully we can both live in such a way that we will always feel Him with us...especially when the storms hit.

Have a great week. It is so nice to have you back with us in blog land. (((hugs))) Lura

~Bren~ said...

Are you on Bull Shoals? We stayed in cabins on that lake when I was a kid for vacations.
I loved your post today. Yes, How much greater is His love for us??? Praising Him for your safety!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH Marlene, I was reading as fast as I could to see that you got back to the dock OK! PHEW!! Like you said - In God's TIme!!

So glad your computer is all better. We are so dependent on them, aren't we??!!

Have fun getting it all done now.

hugs, Linda

Lena . . . said...

So glad you made it safely ashore, and that your computer is well again. I suffer terrible withdrawals when my computer is operating - there really needs to be a support group for computer addiction (chuckle).

Susannah said...

Hi Marlene...I loved your words about your lake and then the boat trip. You had me worrying and then ...ALL WAS WELL!

Friends,
Susannah

Dionne said...

I'm so happy you got your computer back safe and sound. I'm also glad you avoided the hail and landed on the dock safely. It's funny how things all work out in the end. Not always as we want, but always the way they should.
:-)

Aunt Julie said...

Those dern computers sure can throw you for a loop, can't they? Glad the "hospital" stay went well for your PC and that you're back online with us!

Di said...

What a wonderful account of your day on the lake, and God's hand on it! Thank you for continuing to inspire and teach me, Marlene. (Really happy for you about the computer too!)