Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Would You Pray For Baby Eli Again?



Back in September I told you about Baby Eli who was born while I was in Colorado in late September. Then in early October I came back and told you that Eli was born without a thyroid gland and asked you to pray for him. As you can see from the picture above he has done just great. His sweet mama has just started a blog and some of your have been reading the Colorado Belle. Well today Baby Eli is in the hospital. Yesterday he slept all day long and we all know babies don't sleep all day long unless they're sick. His eyes are red and runny and his nose is stopped up so his mama took him to the doctor. They promptly put him in the hospital and said he has RSV and bronchitis. I know his parents are frantic because I know babies can scare us to death, and especially first babies. Would you please say a prayer for Eli? And for his parents?

23 comments:

Sandy said...

Prayers for Eli and family....so scary.

Val said...

I am praying. I would be scared if that was Little D. I pray that he will get through this and grow up to be a healthy little boy!!!

nanny said...

such a precious little angel...will be in my prayers.....

Helen said...

Little Eli and his family are in my prayers.

diamondstatecurlygurl said...

I remember when my baby was in the hospital so young, such a horrible feeling. Please tell them I am praying hard for Eli, his phsicians and other caregivers... and of course, for Mom and Dad. Thanks for your comment on my Prince Charming story, it was good for me writing it - a reminder of what a wonderful man he is, and all the reasons I fell in love with him :-)

Ruth said...

What a precious baby! I will pray for Eli & family.

Unknown said...

Lifting them up in prayer!

Jody Blue said...

Thats some hard stuff. Will pray.

Jacquie said...

I just spent time in prayer for little Eli and his parents. Keep us posted, please!!

Tracy P. said...

Sure will.

Maggey and Jim said...

Yes, I will pray for baby Eli.
Maggey

Purple Pam said...

Little Eli is in my prayers. Hope mom and dad are holding up okay. I'll pray for them, too.

molly said...

Consider it done!

Mainly a midwife said...

absolutely.. i know that can be scarey.

Paula said...

RSV is a really bad virus. We are praying!!

Marie Rayner said...

Upholding little Eli and his family in my prayers. xxoo

Cornfield Quilter said...

Prayer has been sent and will continue to pray for him until he is well. Hugs!

Arkansas Patti said...

Just finished. What a darling baby and I pray he comes through this just fine.

Needled Mom said...

I'm offering my prayers up for Eli.

Memaw's memories said...

Will definitely pray for baby Eli. I know all of you are worried about him.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So happy I stopped by today to check on you. Of course I will pray for this precious baby and his family.
Hope you are doing well.
I have to browse and catch up on you while I can today
Take care
Maggie

Alice Grace said...

I will certainly pray for Little Elie! I am familiar with RSV in children. My grandson, Tyler, had it twice, and was hospitalized both times, it was so scary. I pray he will overcome this horrible illness and be back to normal very soon. I am proud they hospitalized him immediately, it is the best thing under the circumstances.

Cindy said...

I'll join in prayer for Eli. Thanks for the opportunity.