Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Did You Know?

Did you know?

1. It's only 32 days until Andrew Jacob will be born and I haven't started his quilt?

2. Monday will be December 1st and I haven't bought any presents?

3. I have UFOs listed on my sidebar that absolutely, positively have to be done and I haven't finished one since October 8th?

4. It's two days after Thanksgiving and I haven't even gotten my Christmas decorations out of the garage - I haven't been this late getting decorated since the day I got married 45 years ago!

5. I missed my weekly Bible study class the last two weeks and will miss it again this week and am now officially 4 weeks behind in my reading?

6. I haven't vacuumed or mopped since everyone was here Wednesday for Thanksgiving - can you imagine the crumbs beckoning every mouse within a country mile?

7. I'm leaving tomorrow on a mission trip and none of the above is going to get done before I leave?

8. As much as I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman, I'm not there yet and not likely to get there this week!

17 comments:

Amelia said...

Going on that mission trip is far more important than most of the "not done" items you listed. God's work should always take precedence!

Having said that I know you feel a bit guilty about not having everything done like some super woman...but you are loved and admired never-the-less.

Where are you going and when will you be back...I will pray for you and the "good news" you will spreading.

Amelia - A Southern Baptist in Oklahoma

Tracy P. said...

Amen to Amelia!

Mama said...

Well, good for you! You deserve to do things at your own pace, anyhow.

Mission trip to where? Oh, tell. Tell.

Juliann in WA said...

When I saw number 7 about going on the mission trip, I immediately ignored all the other items (which could apply to me for the most part too.) I hope your trip is a blessing to you and those you will serve.

Lori said...

Mission trip to where? I'm excited for you. What else gets done, get done. Andrew Jacob won't know if his quilt a few days/weeks behind.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

LIfe goes on, even if you don't get things done. It's okay.

Marie Rayner said...

How wonderful that you are getting to go on a mission trip. I hope it's a really special time for you! Christmas seems to have snuck up on us this year!

Teresa said...

And wonderfully so, the sun will still come up tomorrow. I got a chuckle out of your list as I think most of us are in the same situation. I wish you well on your mission trip - where are you going?

Val said...

I believe you are in my mind. This is me except I am not going on a mission trip. I have a grandbaby due in 28 days so we are really close! Exciting isn't it? I haven't mopped either. Oh my goodness, you read my mind.

Cindy said...

Ah, another well-intentioned superwoman like me limited by being human! Welcome to our club! lol!

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Love Bears All Things said...

Well, I think you have your priorities in order. Just go with the flow and don't let all the unfinished things overwhelm you.
Have a good trip,
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

All those things will still be there for your attention when you return. Go, enjoy, don't give all the chores another thought. OK, maybe you better gather up the crumbs...but only if you have time. ;D

Aunt Julie said...

Sometimes you just have to prioritize. And it sounds like you have. Hope you and yours had a Terrific Turkey Day!

Grammy Staffy said...

I am sorry that you are running behind....I know that feeling well!

Good luck on your mission. How long will you be gone? What will you be doing? I wish you well.

I am sending you hugs. Try not to worry and feel stressed. Do what you can when you can and don't worry about the rest. Love, Lura

Myra said...

LOL! Reading your last few posts I find that you are definitely a lady that words life/things very well! I enjoy reading your posts! 8-)
Don't worry, it will all be waiting for you when you get back... Sadly, it always does!
Take care!

Angie said...

I always think my house is a right mess! Maybe one of God's angels will find himself at a loose end while you're gone and give the place a quick sparkle? One of God's earthbound angels perhaps - did you leave your house key?

Enjoy your Mission trip.
love, Angie, xx