Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Father I thank you for all of my yesterdays.
For my parents who nurtured and loved me, I thank you.
For my brothers and sister who are embedded in my heart and who share all of my childhood memories, I thank you.
For my husband who has loved and protected me for 45 years and who is still doing that today, I thank you.
For my children who are truly the greatest gifts you could have ever given me, I thank you.
For my grandchildren who make me laugh and who have my heart in their small (and not so small) hands, I thank you.
For all the experiences of my childhood and growing up years, both good and bad, I thank you. I know that each one was used by you to form my character and to deepen my love for you.

Father I thank you for all of today.
For the home that you have so graciously given us the means to have, I thank you.
For the church where we are free to worship you, I thank you.
For the friends you have sent our way and who support us in our love for you, I thank you.
For the food that you have provided, I thank you.
For the opportunity to serve you and to share your love with others, I thank you.
For whatever comes in this day, I thank you. I know that you will use my today to glorify you and to bless me.

Father I thank you for all of our tomorrows.
For whatever the future brings, I thank you.
For the good times of the future, I thank you.
For the bad times of the future, I thank you.
For your constant presence in those good and bad times, I thank you.
For the knowledge that at some point in the future we will be joining you in Heaven, I thank you. I know that I will someday be dancing in your presence and singing your praises. Oh what a day of rejoicing that will be!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ditto!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Lovely!!

sister sheri said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kentucky Bound said...

Beautiful! Hope you had a blessed, safe and peaceful Thanksgiving!

Lindah said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful post--it brought tears to my eyes. Peace with the past and hope for the future! Amen.

Sharon said...

And the people said, "Amen"!

molly said...

Amen to all of that!

Marie Rayner said...

Beautiful post Marlene. I hope that you had a wonderful celebration yesterday. Somehow I just know that you did. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful heart with us. XXOO

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa, best wishes for your Thanksgiving.Thank you for sharing the words of this post with me.Regards Lyn

Val said...

Amen. This is just beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Marge said...

Absolutely beautiful! I only have to make one change to make it my own......44 years married instead of your 45!

I hope you had a wonderful day. We had a beautiful day, and I thank God for our day.

Blessings,
Marge

Tracy P. said...

So beautifully put, Marlene! I hope a great night's sleep did your throat a world of good.

Adrienne said...

Beautiful! We have much to be thankful for, don't we. ~Adrienne~