Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Was A Very Good Day

It's been a busy day here on the lake.  I had lots to do...I made a pumpkin pie with the pumpkin I baked yesterday.  That's the first time I've baked a whole pumpkin but the pie was totally worth it.  That's what I had for lunch...pie.  I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that pumpkin pie, when eaten alone in a house that holds no one but you, has no calories.  Any nutritionist would agree.  Madame Samm...not a word!  :)

I made a couple of mug rugs....
I love black and white...and the touch of silver made it even better.

And since we all  need to be getting ready for Christmas:
I love the speed of these and the way you can try different quilting techniques on something small enough to complete before you're tired of working on it.  :)

I sandwiched the stocking quilt today.  I used a fusible batting on this one that is part bamboo.  I liked the feel of it and it ironed well onto the top.  I smoothed and pressed and smoothed and pressed.  I turned around to get the back to iron it on and....no back.  I thought I had made one but apparently not so I started searching through my stash and found a couple of fabrics I could use.  One was an old Debbie Mumm fabric that I had gotten in, and yes my face is red, in 1997!  It was so old that it had faded along the fold line!  That's another reason to get rid of your stash ya'll!

And then I cut 130 strips for the piano key border for the Santa quilt - I think that's enough, I hope that's enough!

I got the nicest gift yesterday from Debbie at Strawberry Patch.  I won it when she had a giveaway for her 900th post.
  I love the sweet little coin purse (I already have it in my purse today but I put my tissues in it - I always have tissues with me.  Isn't that what grandmothers do?    And I couldn't believe it...I had just looked in the Hancock's ad to see if their machine needles were on sale and Debbie sent a package, and I was on my last spool of gray thread!  Her timing was impeccable.  :)



12 comments:

Karen said...

Ho, Ho, Ho is a cute one.
I forgot to tell my husband to bring home a little pumpkin pie from the grocery store today. Maybe next time. Publix makes good ones.

Millie said...

You have been busy at the lake, Marlene. I like your mug rugs and mugs. Samm got me inspired to make a mug rug too. I saw so many and they are all pretty and I am not sure where to start. LOL

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been seeing a lot of these mug rugs on blogs lately and I picked up two mugs - one for each daughter and plan on whipping up a mug rug for each of them.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Darlene said...

Very, very cute mug rugs. Love HO, Ho, Ho with the matching mug.

Needled Mom said...

I just love all of the cute mug rugs!!! They would make such an awesome gift.

nanny said...

this is the first time I've seen a mug rug and I love 'em!!! so cute.

You are exactly right....no calories when eaten alone!!!!

Sparky said...

Oh goodnbess.,..look what you have been up to...hohoho one I like a lot... Oh and this Nutritionist by the way, is not going to comment at all about eating alone..nononon...lol
and nice new goodies too...lucky you...I never win anything lol
sad isn't it? lol

FlourishingPalms said...

Those mug rugs are nice. And aren't they all the rage these days!? I think it's adorable when the rug matches or coordinates with the mug.

Congrats on your win. Aurifil thread is my thread of choice, for piecing and for quilting. You received good-goodies!

Dorian said...

I just wanted to thank you for leaving me a comment on my blog :) It's nice to know you have read it. Your mug rugs are cute!!

Julie in the Barn said...

The mug rugs are so cute. Doncha love those quick projects? Makes one feel so productive. I love your new do. It's so serene and inspirational. Perfect for you. Happy Turkey Day to you and your family.

Jacquie Wallace said...

I had a great Friday, too!! And I'm pretty sure you're RIGHT about the pumpkin pie!

Renee said...

I so totally agree with your zero calorie pumpkin pie theory. lol.