Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Thousand Blessings - Day 16

526.  Thanksgiving
527.  Help in the kitchen
528.  Husbands who cook...sometimes
529.  Blog friends who post recipes
530.  Children decorating a Christmas tree
531.  Children dancing and singing "My God Is A Big Old God!"
532.  Audio books whose covers have descriptions in large type
533.  Prescription bottles that are easy to open
534.  Dishwashers
535.  Old fashioned tea towels
536.  Grandchildren old enough to give you advice on computer issues
537.  College students
538.  Kids who know exactly what they want for breakfast...every day
539.  Sister Schubert Frozen Rolls
540.  Cool Whip
541.  Fog
542.  My new car...and yes I've said that before but really!
543.  New calendars
544.  Those who care for Alzheimer's patients
545.  Cameras
546.  Golden leaves on brown grass
547.  First time grandparents
548.  Praise bands
549.  Clocks with loud ticks
550.  Horses running through a pasture.
551.  Beautiful quilt books
552.  Gray thread
553.  New scissors
554.  Christmas/Thanksgiving cactus
555.  Handel's Messiah
556.  Friends at church who see you carrying a new women's Bible study and say "I'm in!" without even asking when you're starting
557.  Missionaries
558.  Texts from your child proudly announcing a big thing in their lives
559.  Homemade laundry detergent
560.  Checkbooks when they balance

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love 528!! My husband has spent the weekend making chicken AND beef stocks and oh my, the kitchen is a disaster. It will get cleaned and we will enjoy the stock all year. ;)

Anonymous said...

#537...my oldest just called from college. :-) Turns out he will be working on Thanksgiving but getting in next day to finish the weekend with us.

FabricFascination said...

You are halfway to 1000. Very inspiring.

Angie said...

559 - how do you make home-made laundry detrgemt?

Alice Grace said...

I would love to have the recipe for home-made laundry detergent! And many of your items on the list are wonderful.

Michelle said...

All blessings....every one! You are a blessing too, my friend....a gift from God to me.
love you!
Michelle

Oklahoma Granny said...

I just stopped by to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.

Your blessings list is wonderful - especially #529.

With Thanksgiving looming I'm sure you're as busy as a bee. Wishing you all the blessings of the season.

FlourishingPalms said...

Ditto! Thanks for posting these.

Kris said...

Marlene - This is such a wonderful idea!!! Wow!!! 1000!!! That is a lot of blessings!!! I need to start one of these lists myself - thank you for the great idea!!! Shell and bunnies said to say hi!!!

Jacquie Wallace said...

I love your lists!!

You're a great advertisement for your car... I hope the automaker is taking notice!

Lea and her Mustangs said...

You are getting way ahead of me. Hope all is well there, we are in the midst of a blizzard. We are warm and cozy and the animals are secure.