Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

One Thousand Blessings - Day 15

501.  Friends I made and love through blogging
502.  Quiet times at home alone
503.  Conversations with my sister
504.  Walks in my neighborhood
505.  Recipes from trusted friends
506.  Shrimp gumbo
507.  Homemade apple butter
508.  Really good lamps
509.  Irons that get really hot and don't quit after a year
510.  Ice water
511.  A child with a cookie
512.  The colors of fall
513.  Mist on the lake
514.  The sound of leaves blowing in the wind
515.  A full pantry
516.  Handwritten thank you notes
517.  Good sharp scissors
518.  My quilt guild
519.  Medical people who return telephone calls promptly
520.  Insulin for those with diabetes
521.  Hearing my child's voice saying "Hi Mama"
522.  Veterinarians
523.  People with a sense of humor
524.  Women's Bible study groups
525.  Sager Brown tee shirts

12 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So many times the simple things get overlooked. Thanks for a good reminder!

Val said...

I just love this. Did you do this yourself or is it a part of others doing it. I put your button on my blog!!! Love it!

Needled Mom said...

Another wonderful list!!!

Carrie P. said...

Many things to be thankful on this the Lord's day.
I am liking the ice water. I drink it all the time.
Love your background.

Michelle said...

I realized today that one of my Magtag irons has melted and corroded on the plastic part that if for steam, so now it is and always has been, a dry iron. I still love it. I haven't checked the other one. I am afraid to.

Love your list of blessings.

Marge said...

#524 Women's Bible Study Groups

I hear you loud and clear! I treasure each of the 10-12 that attend each week. Tuesday we start Isaiah, and I can't wait! We just finished the gospel of John, probably the best study we've done so far.

Grammy Staffy said...

I love your list. It makes me think of the same things that I am thankful for.... I notice you did not put Maytag or Rowenta irons on your list...... So sorry about your bad luck with irons... however, I am glad that you posted about them because I was wanting to get a Rowenta iron. I am not going to do it now. Thanks for saving me the money and disappointment.

Have a great week. Hugs, Lura

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

So many blessings... yes, for sure: people with senses of humor. Thanks for sharing your list with us.

Arkansas Patti said...

Your list always make me smile at familiar blessings. Thanks for the reminders.

Millie said...

Many things to be thankful to be for sure and thanks for the list to reminds us... blogging friends are the best.

Jacquie Wallace said...

Great list! Love #501 and #521!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful thanksgivings, and blessings! I should try this! God is Good!!!