Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

There's a Chipmunk Living in my Closet

From my kitchen window I have a wonderful view of the lake but also of the bird feeders my husband faithfully keeps filled. I was hoping this picture would be a little better but if you look close you'll see 2 mallards and 3 doves eating whatever seeds the smaller birds and the squirrels drop. In my carport I have 2 storage closets. In one of them I have a freezer and an extra refrigerator and in the other we store odds and ends and bird seed. Today as I walked outside I saw a chipmunk dart under the closet door! I guess he's discovered Jerry spills some of the bird seed when he's filling the feeders.

I went out to the camper today to put sheets on the bed - it's been closed up for the winter and I'm getting it ready for a trip to the lake we're planning. I'd forgotten that I put a couple of quilts out there. They are a couple of my favorites so I'll try to post some pictures in the next day or two.

I haven't gotten to do any stitching today and I think I'm having withdrawal pains. If I don't get some work done on the mystery quilt my guild is doing I'm going to be way behind. But first I really, really want to finish this redwork piece I'm working on. It's so hard to set priorities on UFOs, don't you think?

No comments: