Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Through a Child's Eyes

We had an awful thunderstorm here this morning and farther north there were tornados. We've had more than our share of bad weather in Arkansas this spring. Please pray for all those who have lost loved ones and homes and their sense of security and safety in where they live.

I had breakfast this morning with a friend who is a foster parent to an 18 month old girl who has only been with them a few days. The cafe where we have breakfast on Fridays looks out on a large lake. I held this little girl while her mother paid her bill and we walked over to the windows to watch the wind whipping up the water. Must have been her first time to see a lake since she promptly said, quite loudly, "Bath!" You know, from a child's perspective that bathtub probably resembles a lake!

It's mid-afternoon here and members of my family will be arriving soon for the big reunion. Chaos will prevail, children will run and laugh, adults will talk louder and louder trying to be heard over others, and food will be plentiful and tasty. You gotta love these kinds of events! I won't get much stitching done the next few days but maybe occasionally I'll sneak away to my bedroom to put needle to fabric on my redwork. Machine stitching will be completely out since I'm putting a blow-up bed in the sewing room for more sleeping spots. I went to a neighbor's yard sale this morning and she invited me in to see her sewing room - a converted two car garage. Am I jealous? You bet I am! All that space.......

No comments: