Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Errand Day

This was my errand day. Do you have those? With gas prices like they are I try to map out my "to do" list and do everything I can in one fell swoop. Luckily in the middle of the have-to stuff I got to stop to get my nails done and have a pedicure and that makes the day a good one! After 2 hours I left WalMart $250 poorer and with most of the groceries I need to get ready for the family reunion this weekend. Don't you hate those kind of Walmart shopping sprees? The shopping part isn't so bad, it's the putting up stuff that takes forever. I gave myself a reward for my hard work - Hershey's Kisses!

Did I tell you about the family reunion? The first weekend in May is always Decoration Day at the family cemetary. Even though we no longer have to do the clean-up we do still meet that day and have dinner on the grounds. I love the old traditions and hate the stuff that our kids are missing out on. The reunion will start about 11:00 with a business meeting, then lunch and visiting. There's a little one room church still there and an outhouse available if you're really desperate. And, trust me, if I use the outhouse it's because I'm more than desperate! I'm calling it a family reunion but it's really a cemetary reunion - the families of anyone buried there. The family reunion will happen after that when we all come back to my house for hamburgers and hot dogs. More about that later.

Last night I traced two of the blocks from the Winter Wonderland pattern and got the rest of the blocks cut. I plan to trace a couple more tonight so I'm off to do that.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo impressed with your blog! I am enjoying reading!