I wanted to make a Valentine table topper and when I saw this one designed by Barb at Bejeweledquilts by Barb I thought it would be perfect.
Isn't it the cutest thing? I love her choice of fabrics and the way the hearts are interwoven. She very kindly sent me the pattern so I promptly started on the hunt for fabrics similar to hers.
I couldn't make anything go together. I must have auditioned 20 fabrics but nothing struck a chord. Finally, I dug to the bottom of the pile and found several I thought would work. I started tracing the pattern on my fusible only to realize that I didn't have enough fusible to make this and another project I'm working on both, so I had to make a decision. When I was in education we used to chant..."monitor and adjust"... over and over. So that's what I did and this is what I came up with.
My speed is getting better...I've slowed down a lot...but I'm still not consistent. And I often forget to leave my hands in place until I actually stop stitching so I end up with some jump stitches. Progress though, I'm making progress.