Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fourth = Flags, Firecrackers, Food, and Fun

Kari and Kijsa are having a party and I'm joining in!

At my house there are flags out by the lake, as you'll see if you look to the right....




and on the front door....











and on the back door....







and in the flower bed....






and on a table runner in the dining room.....









and even on our shirts!












We don't set off fireworks ourselves but we get to see them up and down the lake.....







We cook great stuff.....barbecued pork and corn on the cob and shrimp gumbo and chicken on the grill and baked beans and creamy slaw and garlic bread and apple pie and orange cake and brownies and.....the list goes on and on. And we gather as friends and family to celebrate that this is truly One Nation, Under God. And we thank Him for His great love for us, for the brave men and women who serve at home and in far away places, and for all those who have gone before us who worked and sacrificed so that we might have the unbelievable freedoms that we sometimes take for granted. God bless us every one!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful celebration. Have a great day!

The Feathered Nest said...

So beautifully said, wishing you a wonderful holiday weekend!!!! xxoo, Dawn

Heather said...

Amen! I'll be over later for some gumbo.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great patriotic post and the food sounds delish!!! Happy 4th!
~Rhonda

Decor To Adore said...

Images and words such as these make my heart sing with pride. Happy 4th of July!

Terri Steffes said...

It is so fun to hear how others will celebrate! Have a great time!

Lelia Chealey said...

Okay, unless you are going to share and deliver some of that food to Nebraska, that is really unfair to post your menu!! My mouth is really watering!!! :)
Thank you for your prayer regarding my girl. So good to have her home, been such a rough week.
Have a blessed weekend!
Blessings,
Lelia

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

What time does the party start? That orange cake sounds heavenly!

peace~elaine

valerie said...

Wow....can I come to your house next year on the 4th?!!!

I love the lake & it looks like you have a beautiful place there.

We also put out our flag & so love & appreciate the freedom we have in the U.S.A.

I came your way through Lelia's blog. She's precious.

Nice to meet you!

Valerie

Anonymous said...

Hello Marlene,

I am just now catching up with my blog comments. Thanks for leaving the lovely comment on "Prayerful and Patriotic"...

I love your patriotic display. I am envious that you had shrimp gumbo!! I haven't had that forever - it makes me hungry just thinking about it.... :)

Have a blessed weekend.