1. Children sitting in the rising mist of the lake at dusk watching fireworks.
2. 7 year old granddaughter being chased by her cousins in a game of Tag and yelling, "Help! Call Security!"
3. Redheaded 10 year old boy wearing a red and white striped shirt with blue plaid shorts because they were the closest things at hand and what do you mean stripes don't go with plaids?
4. 10 year old girl carrying her teddy bear and her camo blanket to bed with her.
5. 2 1/2 year old boy offering to show his fishing minnows and worms to 2 year old girl - his grandmother gently explains that girls don't really like to look at minnows and worms - he has a blank expression on his face and says, "Why?"
6. 7 year old granddaughter announcing loudly, "I'm hungry and I don't want anything starting with a G or gumbo!"
7. 10 year old boy (while on his maybe 12th Ice Pop) saying to his mother, "Mr. Jerry told me he really needed my help getting these out of his freezer."
8. 2 1/2 year old boy on being told not to pick up the June Bug he's holding in his hand, "But I like holding bugs."
9. 2 year old girl watching fireworks from a looooong way away and saying over and over (but not looking away), "I scared, I scared."