Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rescued!




The new stove has arrived! We are back in the world of real cooking. When we bought this house the appliances were all an almond color. I'm sure
that dates the house but when exactly was that color popular? This house flooded in about 1995 so I'm guessing that's how old the appliances were. Since we moved in 5 years ago we've had to replace the washer, dryer, refrigerator, and now the stove. The only appliance left is the dishwasher and it was only a year or so old when we arrived - how long do dishwashers last? I bought a new microwave immediately - a built-in to give me more room since the kitchen is really small - and chose a black and stainless one. Then the refrigerator died and the only one that would fit in that spot was black. So when I was choosing a stove black and stainless is what I went with. Isn't it gorgeous? And girls, it has 5 burners! It has the normal 4 but a 5th in the center! How handy is that? And a griddle, available for purchase separately of course, that will fit onto 2 burners and cook evenly all over. I'm thinking bacon and pancakes in one pan!







Take a good look at the clean oven - it probably is the last time it will ever be that clean because this morning I cooked these:



Six Week Refrigerator Muffins


I've mentioned these before. They are delicious and good for you (bran and fruit and all that kind of stuff). You mix them up and keep the mix in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks, baking only the number you want. If you want the recipe e-mail me and I'll send it to you.






18 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

woo hoo!! A new oven. :) And the muffins look so yummy. I so can't wait until I can eat some real food again! :)

Hope you have a good day.

Sarah Taylor said...

She's a beauty and I love that fifth burner! I'd love to have the recipe for the 6 week muffins, they look fantastic! Hope you're having a great day!
Sarah

Julie in the Barn said...

Your new stove is beautious! I sooo need your muffin recipe. Please send it to me when you get a chance. And what nice gifts from sweet Pam. She is so generous.

Lori said...

I LOVE your new stove! I've admired the stainless steel appliances since they started coming back in vogue. Unfortunately (although very fortunate for my wallet) all of our appliances are still working well. Can I come live with you?

Heather said...

Ooooooo...it's so pretty and shiny!

Yarni Gras! said...

don't you LOVE new appliances!?! I know I do!
As for the muffins...they look really good.....but where is the chocolate?

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a relief for you! Don't you just feel energized to break that baby in?

Dawn said...

Oh, yum. Your muffins look scrumptious and your stove is incredible.....we'll be right over! *grin*

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your spiffy new stove! Love that 5th burner!
Wow, what a horror story about your appliances! I'm hoping my stove will die soon, as it's a real loser. Was here when we moved in. Also, the microwave is outdated and an annoyance. Oh well. Someday. . .
Your muffins look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a new stove/oven! Makes you want to cook something special, like muffins. I would love the recipe!

sewtakeahike said...

Yay! Its a beauty!

Ginger Patches said...

Oh I am now jealous of you!!! I desperately need a new oven. It's beautiful!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Marlene, your stove looks great and the muffins, please email me the recipe. I know your glad to have it all back in order.
Hugs,
Bonnie

sarahross said...

I think I may be in love with your new stove...

I'm happy to hear you received your apron! I had such a great time putting it together!

Would love that muffin recipe, too!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm - Marlene, I can use a muffin right about now, can I come over?!

Your stove looks very nice -- and that oven looks like it is very spacious!

Anonymous said...

Dee

Love your new stove...no one would believe how old our stove is. No one. Our dishwasher is 30ish years old...and it is younger than the stove...ugh. But I am very thankful, truly, to have a home with a stove and a dishwasher..they both work!

I would love to have your muffin rec. at : deecochran23 at yahoo com

Thank you...truly enjoy your blog. Found it this summer and have been reading daily.

Raquel said...

Bee-you-ti-ful! I love the black and stainless appliances! If and when I ever have my own house again, that is what I want to go with. Those aprons are CUTE! Love the design, fabrics and colors! Much love - Raquel XO

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

M-m-m-m-m those muffins look wonderful! Would you please email me the recipe?

Thanks,
Hugs from Michigan - Diane