Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Got Mail

One of the things I love about blogging is that every once in a while you get the nicest things delivered to you by the postman. Or woman. Postperson. The person who brings the mail. Have to be politically correct. I hate that saying, and exactly what does it mean? What's political about whether the person delivering your mail is a man or woman? And why couldn't they just make up a word that means both? After all when you say President it could be a man or a woman and you don't have to worry if you've said the right thing. When you say attorney it could be a man or a woman. When you say doctor...same thing. We need a new name for the mail deliverer - got any suggestions?




Back to my story. I got two packages this week. First, I got this:



My friend, Takako at Quilt In Me, went home to visit her parents and bought gifts for some of her blogging friends. I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do with the fabric, although it will definitely go into a quilt. I'm thinking about a miniature log cabin table runner and these colors would work beautifully with some fabric I already have. Thank you so much Takako for your kindness. She sent a really sweet card that had a picture of a puppy and kitten on it and I would have shown you a picture of it, too, but my camera wouldn't cooperate.





I also got this beautiful vintage French postcard from my friend Becky at Wonders Never Cease. I made a wild guess trying to identify a picture of something on her post and turned out to be correct. This sweet card has writing on the back which is very faint but I think I was able to make out the year as 1950.









Becky also sent a card; in her case it was naturally a French one. This is a picture of Thatched Cottages at Cordeville, Auvers-sur-Oise by Vincent van Gogh. Beautiful, isn't it? Thank you Becky. I have it on my desk so that it brightens my day as I sit blogging.
For those of you who have been so kindly following my posts, Montezuma has left the building! About noon today I started feeling more like myself and even spent the afternoon in the sewing room - the first time since last week. But, sadness, I still haven't been able to drink an Iced Chaie Latte. Just couldn't. And I have no idea why because I hadn't had one when I got sick. I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow and be able to drink one right down. Right? Tell me I'm right....

10 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Oh Marlene, how I wish I could write like you. That's why there are never any stories on my blog. I think you could write about anything and it would sound good. I say postman should stand for man or woman, they are both in the name. I'm really glad your better and back in the sewing room. So sweet of your blogger friends.
Hugs,
Bonnie

Sharon said...

How about "mail carrier"?? I keep forgetting that term and always say "mailman" too. "mailperson"?? sounds dumb, huh?
glad to hear you're feeling more yourself. I'm sure you'll be slugging down those iced chai lattes in no time.
What wonderful gifts from the blogging world! How sweet they are.

Anonymous said...

Marlene,

You are one lucky gal!!!! Love the goodies you received in the mail - since you don't know what to do with the fabrics, care to share some?! ;) Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Christmas in July, don't you love it!
Tomorrow is a new day. It's gotta get better.

Rhondi said...

Hi Marlene
I'm glad tohear you're feeling better!
Hugs, Rhondi

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Hey Marlene,
I'm thrilled that you are so happy with the prize!
You're awfully sweet to blog about it.
Give yourself a hug for me!
Becky

Aunt Julie said...

My SIL is a quilter--you'd enjoy her creations, which I've featured on my blog. I agree with you--the feeling of a mailbox full with more than junk is indescribable!

Christine said...

The lady that delivers my mail calls herself "Postal Pam". You gotta love a small town. LOL

Grammy Staffy said...

You are so cute. Glad that you are feeling better.

Would Postal Person work??

Anonymous said...

Surprises in the mail are always nice!