Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

My New Camera Did This


I think the new camera is going to work out! I ended up buying a Fuji 1500 based on several recommendations and it truly is easy to point and click. It has a few bells and whistles which, hopefully, I will learn in time. And it's not one of those credit card ones that I couldn't manage with my arthritic hands. This one looks like an old fashioned camera and fits my hand. I'd take a picture of it but...I couldn't figure out how to take a picture of my camera with my camera. :)
This picture I took last night at a football game. My son is a coach and it was a very pleasant evening for a game, not hot and not cold. His wife and three children were there so that was fun for me. I even got a video of the 3 year old girl sort of dancing to the band - she couldn't decide if she wanted to or not so it was half hearted but cute to us.
And have you noticed that the cute things your grandchildren do aren't cute at all when performed exactly the same by other people's grandchildren? Well, maybe they're cute, but not nearly as cute as when your grandchildren do them!

15 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I want a new camera too.
Spoken like a true Grandmother.
Mama Bear

Needled Mom said...

Glad that the new camera is working so well for you. I like things simple too.

Loved the grandmother comment. Soooo true.

Mary L. Briggs said...

Sounds like a very nice camera~beautiful picture! It was definitely nice weather last night~glad you had such a good time at the game.

Canarella said...

LOL....I must go and post the picture my camera took of what is the same moon....LOL...and link to your blog on what it should look like...you made my day my friend.....God Bless...lani

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

EXACTLY! Even when Lili fusses it is cute. When other babies fuss, it is - well - umm - NOT CUTE.

Elaine Adair said...

We were looking at the same subject! I also took 2 sililar of that beautiful moon.

Enjoy your new camera. 8-)

Michelle said...

When Louie had film cameras, his favorite ones were Fuji's. We also loved the Fuji films. They usually had an incredible price, and the quality was great.

I'm jealous of your camera.
be blessed,
Michelle

MARCIE said...

Cool photo. Reminds me of one my granddaughter too recently with the sub-title, "I couldn't get any closer". Yeah, our own grandkids are always the best and brightest!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot of the moon. I got my new camera about 2 years ago and I still don't know how to use all the features. :)

Hugs,
Chris

Sandy said...

I've been dragging my feet about buying camera now that I have a new computer and could actually PUT pictures of my own on my blog spot instead of ones I have from others. Of course, having the washer go to that big part shop in the sky didn't help. New ones sure are not cheap!

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Marlene,
I have discovered the same rule...it just amazes me how much cuter it is when my grandkids do the same things other people's grandkids do. Ummm... we must have very selective eyes when it comes to our grandkids. HaHa

I'm glad that your mysterious bowl made it back to church.... but I still think that it may have been your bowl's twin that was separated at birth. You had better watch it at church and see if any one claims it. It may really need a home and someone to love it.

Have a good week. I know that you will with your brand new camera. Take lots of pictures to share with us. Hugs, Lura

Tracy P. said...

Yea for you! Try a mirror. ;-)

Adrienne said...

I love that photo! When I was camera shopping I almost bought a Fuji - I was impressed by the one a friend has. But I decided to step up a big, get a BIG one and take some photography classes. For me, that was the right choice, but I'm glad you found what works for you. ~Adrienne~

Wayne said...

Amazing pic you have taken with your camera!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.